The Heat4Cool concept proposes innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions that support EU energy efficiency policies through an optimal integration of relevant rehabilitation systems.
The project develops, integrates and demonstrates an easy to install and highly energy efficient solution for building retrofitting. The process that begins from the Heat4Cool advanced decision-making tool, (which addresses the building and district characteristics ) and leads to the optimal solution.
Heat4cool will implement four benchmark retrofitting projects in four different European climates, aiming to achieve a reduction of at least 20% in energy consumption in a technically, socially, and financially feasible manner and is expected to demonstrate a return on investment lower than ten years.
- Retrofitting design planner tool
- Integration of Heating and Cooling solution
- Wastewater heat recovery
- Self-Correcting Intelligent Building Energy Management System (SCI-BEMS)
- Demonstrate and validate the market oriented heating and cooling solution
- High possibility of replication across Europe, aiming to contribute to a large-scale market deployment before 2025, with the support of dedicated tool kits, which would be easy to install and would require a limited workforce
- The creation of cost-effective, highly energy-efficient equipment with target reduction of energy consumption of 20-30 % (including renewable)
- Payback period of below 10 years
- Best practice examples for the construction sector based on innovation and competitiveness, with benefits both for the citizens and the environment